- I learned to equip myself before disaster happens. We hear people say, “you don’t know how you’d react in this situation until it happens.” Which is true, but I learned that it is important to know how you will react to something before it happens and prepare yourself for it. It is easier for us to prepare our bodies for old age by eating well and exercising. It makes sense to us to prepare for snowstorm or hurricane but rarely do we prepare ourselves for emotional traumas. I’m not saying live in fear of something bad happens but know what you going to do when suffering happens.
- I learned that morning always come.
- I learned to allow people to be humans. Meaning, humans are fragile and flighty. They break promises. They look out for themselves and their best interest. Humans fall short and it’s all okay. I learned to allow people to be all those things without taking it personal.
- I learned the meaning of the truth that God is good.
- I learned to be open about my feelings, whether it’s with people or in my journal. Mostly my journal. But releasing things from my heart to paper and also speaking about them out loud literally saved me. In my journal I’m pretty sure I’ve written about the same topic 50 times, can you imagine keeping those thought in my head? I would burst. Output is so important. Emotions will swallow you whole if you do not release. I learned to release.
What are some of your lessons from 2017?
So I’m learning this thing about gratitude and praise, and since Mondays are the hardest, I think I’m going to practice writing them here. So every Monday, I will share 5 things that I am grateful for from the previous week…
- On Sunday, I finally got to pray for someone. I was so afraid because I thought I was going to mess up and say something wrong. But I believe it went well and the Holy Spirit gave me the words.
- Season 2 of Greenleaf is on Netflix. I am so excited! I’ve already watched half of the episodes. Check it out if you haven’t yet so we can talk about it.
- I’ve learning so much about being an Apologetic and I am even tempted to go into ministry. But we will see.
- I finally found witch hazel for my skin. I’ve heard so many wonderful things about ti but I just couldn’t find it. Maybe I will do a review on it later.
- I am so grateful for the views I have been getting on this blog. Thank you all so much!
What are you thankful for?
I just want to say that over and over again over my life and really to anyone going through a bitter season right now. I understand all too well how life can be so wicked and how your joy can be stolen. But hear me when I say this..
now, is not the time to lie down and die- Kristen Demarco
Go through whatever you need to go through. Cry those tears. Turn off that phone. Argue with God. Feel the pain. Really feel the pain. Call the friends that will speak truth into your life. mourn the loss. feel the disappointment. But carry on.
I won’t even say take it day by day because sometimes even that seem impossible. So I’ll say push through every hour. Really. Get though the morning, then the afternoon, soon you will be wrapping up the day. But whatever you do, do not let your pain overcome you.
do not let your pain overcome you
I just had to say that a little a bit louder for the people in the back and to my very own stubborn heart.