Something I have been struggling for the last few months is feeling behind in life. I feel that at this age and at this time, I really should have my affairs in order. These are things I think I should have sorted out already:
- I should have my dream or at least “good” job that pays well.
- I should not have to worry about money.
- I should have a partner who wants a future with me or at least potential someone who text me. lol.
- I should be emotionally stronger.
- I should be going on trips in different countries.
Sometimes, I feel like there is one way of being an adult and everyone learned it as soon as they began adulting and I’m still oblivious to it all. Everyone appears to be adulting really well, moving forward and getting shit done and I am still left behind watching it happen.
This might seem silly to some but it is so real to me on most days. Almost all of my friends are in their desired career and I am still job-ing it out. It leaves me feeling like I am not qualified enough to even be their friends. It leaves me feeling like I have nothing of value to bring into a relationship. To be completely candid, sometimes, I feel really inferior compared to the people I know.
I don’t know if anyone feels this way sometimes, but if you do, just know that I feel it too.