Hi! So here is a fun post.
In the wake of eating healthy, my parents have decided to do away with canned tomato sauce. But they are still eating other things…but I digress! Lol.
I typically do the cooking so I wasn’t very open to this idea because I thought it was going to be tedious and make my food taste different. But I remembered back home in Ghana when I was growing up No one ever used tomato sauce they just used this recipe I’m going to share below. It is really fast and easy and the food I cooked with the sauce came out amazing!
- Wash and cut up tomatoes into a pan
- Add you seasoning. Some ppl like to do it after but I want it to be infused in the sauce so I do it prior
- Steam the tomatoes. Meaning, let the vapor cook the food…so do not add water
- After the tomatoes get super soft and begin forming a sauce on its own, throw it in a blender
- Hit the purée button on your blender and in a few seconds, your tomato sauce is ready.
So easy right?!
What healthy food choices are you making?