– Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat Pray Love
In the spirit of cultivating gratitude as Elizabeth has ordered, honestly something I should be doing already, I have decided to share 10 things every week that I am thankful for. I’m pretty sure that is doable. To find 10 things, right?! here is to week 1
- I got a chance to see my cousin/aunt/sister/friend that I had not seen in years. Our meeting was enjoyable for me and I was so happy to see her beautiful face and that of my uncles.
- I am in Ghana, so access to really fast wi-fi is ALWAYS something to thankful for. serious case of first world problems. I’m ashamed. HA
- Washed my clothes by hand for the first time and they came out pretty well. Well done me.
- I got a visit from an old time friend/classmate. I enjoyed catching up with him.
- I am so thankful that I AM OKAY. I had a really tough week, full of tears, and minor anxiety attacks and little to no sleep. But as I type this, I am OKAY and for that I am thankful. I will take okay.
- stumbled upon a book I had forgotten about at the right time and moment
- It was harmattan season in Ghana too long ago. The Harmattan produces harsh dry dusty weather, this caused me to lose my voice. Thankful I got it back this week.
- I got a chance to spend time with my guy’s,(MA) from now on, sister and I had a good time with her. Considering the fact that it was our very first official hang out without MA, I was extremely comfortable and found it an easy task. I am typically really really really shy.
- I got my hair braided. Wearing my natural hair and maintaining it in this humid weather proved to be harder than expected, so I jumped at the idea to braid my hair and it only took an hour and a half and was about $10.00. WHAT?!
- I slept really well.
I hope you find something to be thankful for this week. maybe keep track of it?
until next week, so much love ❤