I absolutely LOVE books!! I LOVE words. Its magical how a group of words can evoke strong emotions and take you to places you have never been, but yet seem so familiar. One of my all time favorite book is, Manuscript Found in Accra by Paulo Coelho. Honestly this book changed my life for the better. It spoke directly to my situations and my life, and it continues to do that everyday I pick it up. I wanted to share a few of my favorite quotes from the book with anyone who stumbles upon this blog post in hopes that you may have a change in perspective. I HIGHLY recommend this book if you enjoy reading, or just need some positivity in your life. I bought the kindle version and I regret it because now I am aching to buy the hard copy, because I love it so much and I want it near me.
- “The simplest things in life are the most extraordinary. Let them reveal themselves.”
- “And if I’m alone in bed, I will go to the window, look up at the sky, and feel certain that loneliness is a lie, because the Universe is there to keep me company.”
- “Beware of anyone who tries to please you all the time.”
- “When everything seems to be going well and your dream is almost within your gasp, that is when you must be more alert than ever.”
- “For those who are not frightened by the solitude, everything will have a different taste.
In solitude, they will discover the love that might otherwise arrive unnoticed.
In solitude, they will understand and respect the love that left them.
In solitude, they will be able to decide whether it is worth asking that lost love to come back or if they should simply let it go and set off along a new path.
In solitude, they will learn that saying ‘No’ does not always show a lack of generosity and that saying ‘Yes’ is not always a virtue.
And those who are alone at this moment, need never be frightened by the words of the devil: ‘You’re wasting your time.’
Or by the chief demon’s even more potent words: ‘No one cares about you.’
The Divine Energy is listening to us when we speak to other people, but also when we are still and silent and able to accept solitude as a blessing.
And when we achieve that harmony, we receive more than we asked for.”
The 5th quote on the list was my honestly my pillow to rest. I affirmed those words day in and day out and they became true for me, my spirit had not been lifted for a long time until the day I read those words. I cannot say it enough, GRAB THE BOOK!!
–thanks for reading–